Can you eat fertile eggs?

We love to see the different kinds of chicken people come up with when mix breading.
We decided to bread some very unusual chickens together to see what the chick would look like.
Chickobird is a mix of a Plymouth Bard Rock (rooster) and a Buff Laced Polish (hen).
Wow!! He is interesting! He's got a punk rock sort of look to him.

I just got an incubator and I cant seem to get it to 99.5. I can get 99.3 or 99.7 but no luck with 99.5. How accurate do I have to be to hatch out my babies?

I just got an incubator and I cant seem to get it to 99.5. I can get 99.3 or 99.7 but no luck with 99.5. How accurate do I have to be to hatch out my babies?
Your kind of in the wrong area for that post..... but the answer to your questions is 99-102
If your bator can hold a one degree variance, you are doing well. I try to get mine to run 99.5-100.5 and I have very good hatch rates.

Your kind of in the wrong area for that post..... but the answer to your questions is 99-102
If your bator can hold a one degree variance, you are doing well. I try to get mine to run 99.5-100.5 and I have very good hatch rates.

Thankyou, just figured this thread was way off Topic and everyone is so knowlegable. So i thought I would give it a try . :)

NP. LOL your right about it being off topic though. Im afraid I contributed to that as well.
hide.gif

I have crossbreeds. Mine are exactly what you are talking about. My roosters are extremely handsome and my hens are gorgeous. My neighbors all hate chickens but they love my free ranging flock because they are so pretty. Mine you, I am hands off on them. I don't touch them or cuddle them. I give them treats and they come on command. They are better behaved than my dogs. The roam the creek and property like they own it. They march in a line and my dominant rooster leads and the other is at the end of the line behind the hens. They have the Taj Mahal of coops/run and are very happy birds. I close them up at night and adhere to a strict schedule with them. My mutts are amazing. Even my guests are amazed how pretty they are. Oh and yes, they all have names. Napoleon and Wellington are my roos - named at birth, now it's just funny.

Back
Top Bottom