Can you get white Swedish ducks?

I don't really know. I never got my blue Swedish because Metzer' was out of them when I ordered
sad.png
but I found where your pic came from! It IS a silver/splash Swedish, just very light.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/578908/my-swedish-ducks-compared-to-the-standard
70%cocoa her Swedish gorgeous ducks. If you google white Swedish the pic comes up there too. as White. I miss 70% cocoa she use to come on alot.

Well mine really does look like a typical white pekin. Yet as you can see, her siblings are Swedish Blue or Silver.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC @elizabethfaith I googled White Swedish ducks and this came up..
80856_p1070116.jpg
Go google and see what you find.
That duck is gorgeous, though mine looks more like a typical white duck. But I did manage to find posts from other people who had a white duck in a clutch of blues. Sounds like some sort of recessive gene.

Wow! You can tell from the bill it isn't a typical white duck. Usually they have some orange with freckles if they are a girl. That blue/black bill definitely looks like my Swedish.
You're very fortunate! This duck is absolutely beautiful!! I'm certainly going to be looking for some white Sweedish duck eggs to hatch!

Aren't there three phenotypes of Swedish ducks? Black, blue and silver? Cross a black phenotype and a silver phenotype and you get all blue phenotypes, an example of genetic incomplete dominance. Or something like that, lol. Nobody talks much about the silver Swedish phenotype. Could she be a very light silver phenotype?
I raise pure bred Swedish ducks I seperate my females for 17+ days before introducing a male. This yr I mated black male to silver and same black male to black female bibbed and I have hatched out 3 of 16 tonight. 1st was blue with white wing tips and traditional camp feet and the next two are pure white with wite beaks and no camo on feet, the tips if wings appear to be slightly whiter also. There was no other male has anyone breed black on silver or black on black and gotten this result?

That duck is gorgeous, though mine looks more like a typical white duck. But I did manage to find posts from other people who had a white duck in a clutch of blues. Sounds like some sort of recessive gene.
I hatched 2 eggs from a black swedish drake and either a black hen or a brown swedish hen. I have a brown/blackb ducking that looks different from the other browns and a White? I've been researching, they address both swedish, but different coloring

Last summer (January) I bought a mix batch of Pekin and Swedish Blue eggs. The seller marked the eggs by breed for us. I had a white duckling hatch out of an egg marked as Swedish. I gave the pekins away to my aunt but kept the Swedes and the white duckling, thinking that maybe it's possible to get white Swedes. Now that she's fully grown however, she really does just look like a pekin to me. She's just hatched her first clutch. Out of 17 babies 8 are fully white with a bit of blue on their bills. The rest look like blue and silver Swedes. Every duck I've seen identified as a Pekin Swedish Blue cross has been all blotchy with white and blue colour. But these little guys just look pekin or swedish, nothing blotchy or mutt about them. So, what breed is by duck?
I have a white swedish duck. I had brown and black swedish and hatched her from their eggs. I was very surprised to have a white one, but it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom