Can you help me identify my mystery chick?

speas23

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Cottage Grove, OR.
Hello! I am new to the BYC - and new to having chickens as well. We have done a lot of research and asked a lot of people and decided we HAD to get chickens! So glad we did - I love them already! We got all of our chicks on the same day from a local store. We went in knowing what we were getting: 1 Rhode Island White, 2 Australorps, and 1 Black Copper Maran. While we were there I spotted this adorable grey chick. I asked what kind it is and the owner (who had just went to get the chicks from the hatchery that day) told me it was "a mystery chick". I couldnt refuse such a little cutie! Now they are over 2 weeks old and I am still very curious what kind of chick it might be. Does anyone have any ideas? BTW - the close-up is the most recent picture. Thank you for any ideas!

Greetings from Kansas, speas23, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here! I have no clue on your little grey chick...maybe a Blue____? You might post the pic in the link below. Someone there will know. Good luck to you and your flock!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Well speas, it's pretty hard to tell this breed but I suggest you wait till its gets older because signs of breeds,like different coloured feathers, show as they grow so wait till it gets a little older and then post a picture of it so I can try and check it out then. :) good luck finding your mystery chick!

Thank you both! I actually did just post the same thread in the "what breed or gender" forum. Which is were I ment to post it in the first place. Still trying to get the hang of this. I appreciate you looking at the pictures though.

:D I must say the little fella is a real cutie! If I were you I would take ten of him and one French black copper Maran!

Back
Top Bottom