Can you help me identify these tracks?

RaesChicks

Chirping
Sep 11, 2023
Southeastern US
They are right in front of my coop. We are very close to a wooded area. We know the neighbor is feeding a raccoon family in an attempt to keep them out of her feral cats food and away from her house. We also hear coyotes. There is the possibility of possum as well. Not sure how likely skunk are. I can’t tell if it’s small front feet and large back feet or two separate animals. I thought maybe the large ones were so deep because of it jumping off the coop or onto the coop? But we have soft spots in the yard due to moles. So it could also be that it sunk into one of those tunnels. I don’t see anything at the side of the run but there are signs of shallow digging under the coop.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0051.jpeg
    IMG_0051.jpeg
    942.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0053.jpeg
    IMG_0053.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0054.jpeg
    IMG_0054.jpeg
    951.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    848.2 KB · Views: 17
Looks like squirrel to me too. Your neighbor is being foolish with feeding the coons

I agree about the coons. The squirrels usually leave smaller holes at an angle. These almost look like the pad of a dog in the larger deep marks but then small long clawed paws at the front. But there are only two print shapes in each spot, not four like I would expect, and they are a good distance apart like almost a foot in one spot.

I agree about the coons. The squirrels usually leave smaller holes at an angle. These almost look like the pad of a dog in the larger deep marks but then small long clawed paws at the front. But there are only two print shapes in each spot, not four like I would expect, and they are a good distance apart like almost a foot in one spot.
It could be a skunk, I'm not familiar with other weasels, unfortunately

I have feral cats too, feeding coon's elsewhere isn't even remotely a solution unless they're fond of a long list of other animals such as rats.. Can you suggest that they put food out during the day and pull it in at night. Not just for sake of your chickens and thier house, it would keep the ferals be safer! Coon's are so nasty and they'll skin a cat for fun. I don't see an actual track in the photo, but riff raff enough to be concerned. Can you put a game cam out? Hope you find out what it is.

I’ll ask her. She feeds them twice a day they are starving to seem more like outdoor pets than ferals
Agree, my friends tease me, they say I don't have feral cats, I have outdoor cats, because I feed them and provide houses (one is part of my chicken coop.) But either way they're great rodent control and they really do not need 24hour food buffet. They'll learn when it's meal time......

Back
Top Bottom