Can you see if quail eggs are fertile?

There will always be a few infertile ones, but if the birds are young and healthy you stand a good chance of more than 90% being fertile.

If it's fed a correct and healthy diet and is not stressed, it could be laying an egg a day at 1½ years.

This an added question, not a justification or anything like that because I'm currently incubating my first quail eggs EVER! So, today I finally was successful at candeling my eggs on the 12th day! OMG! I suck! But I had trouble telling the fertile eggs from the infertile eggs and I'd like to remove the infertile eggs before they rot up the incubator. I saw both eggs that were translucent and ones that were darker (I had one egg I couldn't see into due to the egg shells dark brown color!) so my question is, are the eggs that are darker or lighter fertile/ unfertile because I was expecting a to see a little body and I saw no such thing.

At day 12, every translucent egg is infertile. All non-translucent eggs could have chicks in them.

Only 2 fertile of 27 eggs? That sounds extremely low. The other way round would have been more likely.

I agree, assuming the male and the female are fertile, I would think most of the eggs should be fertile. You may want to try something smaller than a flashlight and buy an egg candler light. Again, you're just looking for a small dot, you may miss it if you're not used to looking for it.

Back
Top Bottom