can you tell me the breed of my geese and how do i tell what one is male and female?

azzamc

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 30, 2012
hi i have to geese and im just wondering what one is male and female and what breed thay am and when will thay lay ect

Lol true vent sex is the only way unless u wanna wait till they are sexually matured to see of they get funky with each other lol

Hi - to me they appear as Embdens but its difficult to guage their size from your picture. In the UK the smaller utility Embdens look very similar to you birds. Difficult to judge on build but their behaviour may indicate their sex.

Pete
wink.png

Hi - to me they appear as Embdens but its difficult to guage their size from your picture. In the UK the smaller utility Embdens look very similar to you birds. Difficult to judge on build but their behaviour may indicate their sex.

Pete
wink.png

Wondering if in the uk geese have a british accent as well? lol jk

Last edited:
Sometimes the noises and behavior give them away, its not 100% but the ganders are louder and have big egos, loving to sound off with the shoulders up like the one in the photo is, while the girls are more mellow and sometimes shy.

Back
Top Bottom