Canada goose gosling died

20180816_165004.jpg
the girls doing the head bob flirt and scaring poor philip lol (who may actually be a female) and then luci flapping and running, "dont leave me behind!"

View attachment 1507189the girls doing the head bob flirt and scaring poor philip lol (who may actually be a female) and then luci flapping and running, "dont leave me behind!"
Do u have a lake at your house? And I have a situation where this goose with goslings didn't have a mate and then weeks later found this gander but now another goose is with them as in it seems like he has 2 mates lol because he was doing the head and neck display to both of them so it's kind of confusing.

No lake, i dug a small pond in the back of my garage thats like 10x10 for them with a liner. However they freaking love the kiddie pool since i always fill it with cool water on hot days and keep it clean.

And that does sound confusing however im shocked the new mate hasnt tried to kill the goslings. Usually they'll eliminate every other ganders babies to only keep their genetics going. Im glad it didnt though. I love canada geese and goslings.

No lake, i dug a small pond in the back of my garage thats like 10x10 for them with a liner. However they freaking love the kiddie pool since i always fill it with cool water on hot days and keep it clean.

And that does sound confusing however im shocked the new mate hasnt tried to kill the goslings. Usually they'll eliminate every other ganders babies to only keep their genetics going. Im glad it didnt though. I love canada geese and goslings.

Aww that's awesome, I would love to do that one day I love Canada geese and goslings too. And when a goose with goslings finds a new mate that new mate tries killing the goslings? Even if they're grown? Hmm that sounds crazy lol I didn't know that. there was a couple at this lake I used to go to when the goslings were babies like a week or so old and this gander tried attacking one of them for some reason and then he had hurt his neck I think and really looked like he wasn't gonna make it but then seemed fine until the next day he had died. It was so sad. Actually quite a few goslings at that lake disappeared or died. And then now at this other park I go to there's this gang brood with 8 goslings and 4 adults and they literally just started flying like a couple days ago but today I noticed they were missing 2 so now there's only 6. I really have no idea how these goslings go missing.. even when they're grown..

We have a 5 acre lake/pond in our back yard and there is an island in the middle of it. When we bought the property six years ago there was a pair of Canada geese that called it home but they were wild and migrate every year. About 3 years in they built the first nest... in a less than ideal location and all their eggs were eaten. Then last year they nested on the island and raised 7 babies. I was impressed that they all survived. This year the flock of 9 came back, but mom and dad chased off last years kids and had another seven babies, again all surviving. It was awesome to watch and i'm always impressed with their protective instincts. There are hawks, dogs, coyotes and who knows what else around here and they pulled it off two years in a row! So much fun to watch them grow up and learn to be geese. Especially when they are play fighting in the pond and having flying lessons.

Aww that's awesome, I would love to do that one day I love Canada geese and goslings too. And when a goose with goslings finds a new mate that new mate tries killing the goslings? Even if they're grown? Hmm that sounds crazy lol I didn't know that. there was a couple at this lake I used to go to when the goslings were babies like a week or so old and this gander tried attacking one of them for some reason and then he had hurt his neck I think and really looked like he wasn't gonna make it but then seemed fine until the next day he had died. It was so sad. Actually quite a few goslings at that lake disappeared or died. And then now at this other park I go to there's this gang brood with 8 goslings and 4 adults and they literally just started flying like a couple days ago but today I noticed they were missing 2 so now there's only 6. I really have no idea how these goslings go missing.. even when they're grown..

I forgot about a question I wanted to ask u or anyone that knows, do u know why the goslings still make the squeaking sounds? I was wondering what it means when they make all them squeaking sounds like that. Up to till they're a year old right?

I forgot about a question I wanted to ask u or anyone that knows, do u know why the goslings still make the squeaking sounds? I was wondering what it means when they make all them squeaking sounds like that. Up to till they're a year old right?

Its probably some sort of affection like communication. Mine makes it to talk to me. Or when i give him treats.

Hello. Can you help me with my Canada goose? I just joined and not sure how to direct message anyone.
If you go to the menu at the top of the page and go into the geese forum itself instead of in this thread you will be able to start a new post with your questions. What is going on with your goose?

Back
Top Bottom