CANDELING HELP!!!!!!!

tristancolli

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Kinmount
Ok so it is day 4 today and i looked at all these sights for candleing pictures and i candled a few eggs today and they look nothing like the pictures. In an unincubated egg i see right through but in these eggs these is a giant mass in the eggs. Like half the eggs are filled with this mass. the eggs are in a turner and the mass is at the end of the egg that is pointed up the small end of the egg i was wondering if this is proper and if the reason it just looks like a mass is because it is in a turner and not laying on its side..... any help?

Do you have white or light shells? Were the eggs free range? Dark shells are very difficult to candle on day four. Chickens that get lots of greens have a very dark yolk and that could be the mass you are seeing or it could be the dark shell.

well we havent had any greens for them to eat for about 2 or 3 months. i got some blue shells sme white but most are brown but these masses have gotten bigger. when i first got them you could see the yold anthe black spot meaning they are fertile but the mass has gotten bigger since i candled to check firtility before starting to incubate.....

i was just wondering what the mass that takes over half the egg is cause i dont really want any eggs exploding on me.and i candled 2 yesterday and say these masses then today candeled the same 2 and the mass was bigger but not by much

at 4 days you should still be able to see through the eggs pretty clearly with nothing really able to be seen unless you have been candling for awhile. sounds like you might have duds with a bunch of bacteria growing but thats just me i havent done a lot of incubation nor candling but i know i cant see anything for sure until at least day 7 or later

Back
Top Bottom