Candling day 8..NO VEINS but large air pocket and more of a solid look? Need help

Crazyhenlady

Songster
7 Years
Feb 8, 2012
Everett, Wa
Ok so I candled on day 6 and 7 and really thought for SURE no chicks! Now it's day 8..a couple of the eggs have a large air pocket but NO VEINS, MOVEMENT or DOTS! I'm confused ....Could they just be more solid because of the warmth or is this a good sign? I see nothing more then an air pocket and a more solid look ...did they go bad....advice? I wish I never looked now..P.s. the eggs are small eggs

Unfortunately it sounds like the embryos died and now are rotting away in the egg.. Do they smell bad ? What type of bird are they

Unfortunately it sounds like the embryos died and now are rotting away in the egg.. Do they smell bad ? What type of bird are they

tongue.gif

man..that's what I'm worried about....
I did smell a slight odor but not sure from what egg..next question will be to I get new eggs or try to sneak babies under her...

What kind of light are you using? If the light isn't bright enough, it will appear that the egg has nothing inside, plus give the egg a 'solid' look. Been there, and I've probably thrown away live eggs because of it. Being at such an early age, I don't think the entire egg would look 'solid', even if the egg was rotten...atleast my eggs never do.

This is an egg that died around day 5-7. The egg was probably getting close to 13-14 days old or so when I took the picture.

Last edited:
What kind of light are you using? If the light isn't bright enough, it will appear that the egg has nothing inside, plus give the egg a 'solid' look. Been there, and I've probably thrown away live eggs because of it. Being at such an early age, I don't think the entire egg would look 'solid', even if the egg was rotten...atleast my eggs never do.

This is an egg that died around day 5-7. The egg was probably getting close to 13-14 days old or so when I took the picture.

LED little flashlight...Mine don't look like that..I just get a bad feeling...never know I guess

I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cracked them all and runny and rotten..darn. Now try more eggs or chicks?

Aw, really? Sorry about your eggs!
hugs.gif

Are they underneath your hen? I'd go for some chicks!

Back
Top Bottom