Candling Day 9, twins?

Neither of those twin babies may be able to move enough to get into position to pip.  If you do a thread search on successful twin hatch, you may find that the ones that have been successful have been assisted even to the point of making an external pip through the air hole, then opening the membrane when blood vessels have subsided.  I really don't know, but am just tossing that out there for you to do some research on.

Xs2!

Update on the twins!

First day as a byc member and this is the thread I find. I'm already addicted!
smile.png
good luck with the twins

welcome-byc.gif

We are up to 5 chicks,first four did fine. However the last one was not fun. The chick pipped out the side below her air sac yesterday, I waited until this evening and she had made no progress and was simply breathing out her "air hole" I decided to help her as she seemed to be tiring. I was successful, without blood loss, but she is small and was very weak. She lay on her belly for 30 minutes without opening her eyes, but is now walking around and complianing. Her umbilical cord is still attached to the egg and a little of what I think is from the yolk sac (membrane with blood vessels). Hoping that come off as she drys. I am not sure why she pipped early as the temperature and humidity were well controlled. Hoping she is ok in the am. I put in a high walled box to decrease her movement and protect her bottom. I am leaving her in the incubator for the night. Any other words of advice on her care? I am concerned this hatch is not going to go as well as the last, the twin egg has not pipped and I am not sure about viability at this point.

We are up to 5 chicks,first four did fine. However the last one was not fun. The chick pipped out the side below her air sac yesterday, I waited until this evening and she had made no progress and was simply breathing out her "air hole" I decided to help her as she seemed to be tiring. I was successful, without blood loss, but she is small and was very weak. She lay on her belly for 30 minutes without opening her eyes, but is now walking around and complianing. Her umbilical cord is still attached to the egg and a little of what I think is from the yolk sac (membrane with blood vessels). Hoping that come off as she drys. I am not sure why she pipped early as the temperature and humidity were well controlled. Hoping she is ok in the am. I put in a high walled box to decrease her movement and protect her bottom. I am leaving her in the incubator for the night. Any other words of advice on her care? I am concerned this hatch is not going to go as well as the last, the twin egg has not pipped and I am not sure about viability at this point.

Sounds like you did a good job! Was her yoke sac absorbed all the way? Just the umbilical cord left? Maybe you should make a hole in the twin egg in the morning...??

Back
Top Bottom