Candling First Baby Ducky Eggs!

That’s us exactly!!! Leaving then in the hopes that there is something we are just not seeing! And I can’t even begin to say how much I appreciate your gentle language, that is how we tend to talk. “Pass away” is a much gentler term, even when talking about a baby duck! They are God’s creatures too!!!❤
And YES! We are beyond excited!!! He has his own cheering section!! 🎊
I would love any of your tips!! Lord’s Willing, he will have mates when he (or she!) grows up, but for now it is looking like it will be just him as a duckling... I don’t want him to be lonely at all! I appreciate any knowledge shared!!
All animals deserve our respect/compassion! I'll never forget my first incubating attempt, little quail chick never made it out of the egg- I named her Kimiko, which means beloved child- even though she never got to experience the world, she still lived and she still passed away <\3
So a couple tips!
A little mirror can really help! They do love that! and also a little teddy (I would just make sure that it doesnt have any hazards, like loose buttons or damaged seams with stuffing poking out- as long as its in good and safe condition, they do like to cuddle up to a small soft toy!
Aside from that, they also love people! The duckling will likely imprint on the first person to give them love and care after hatching! So company is greatly appreciated by them.
If you have any ducklings for sale locally, that could also be a good option, one or two buddies 😁

I'm hoping for this little one! I hope he will make it out safely soon!! They are slow hatchers, so will likely test your patience! 🤣 I know that it did for me!!

All animals deserve our respect/compassion! I'll never forget my first incubating attempt, little quail chick never made it out of the egg- I named her Kimiko, which means beloved child- even though she never got to experience the world, she still lived and she still passed away <\3
So a couple tips!
A little mirror can really help! They do love that! and also a little teddy (I would just make sure that it doesnt have any hazards, like loose buttons or damaged seams with stuffing poking out- as long as its in good and safe condition, they do like to cuddle up to a small soft toy!
Aside from that, they also love people! The duckling will likely imprint on the first person to give them love and care after hatching! So company is greatly appreciated by them.
If you have any ducklings for sale locally, that could also be a good option, one or two buddies 😁

I'm hoping for this little one! I hope he will make it out safely soon!! They are slow hatchers, so will likely test your patience! 🤣 I know that it did for me!!
Awww, I’m sorry to hear that. 😞 I love that name though, it’s beautiful!! You are so right, anything living and breathing deserves respect and love! That’s what Jesus gives to us!!! Your sweet baby was greatly loved, that’s plain to see! What language does that translate from? My Momma has already named this one Miracle, so we are praying the sweet baby survives and lives out it’s name!!! Do you incubate often? I can see this being something that we want to do more often than I ever thought! It is so egg-citing!!
Thank you thank you thank you, those are great tips!!! A tiny mirror and a teddy bear sounds adorable, and any excuse to get more ducklings is always a good idea to me!!!
Thank you for your support through this new experience! Lord’s Willing, I’d love to keep sharing the journey as we go if you’re interested!!! :rolleyes::jumpy

Awww, I’m sorry to hear that. 😞 I love that name though, it’s beautiful!! You are so right, anything living and breathing deserves respect and love! That’s what Jesus gives to us!!! Your sweet baby was greatly loved, that’s plain to see! What language does that translate from? My Momma has already named this one Miracle, so we are praying the sweet baby survives and lives out it’s name!!! Do you incubate often? I can see this being something that we want to do more often than I ever thought! It is so egg-citing!!
Thank you thank you thank you, those are great tips!!! A tiny mirror and a teddy bear sounds adorable, and any excuse to get more ducklings is always a good idea to me!!!
Thank you for your support through this new experience! Lord’s Willing, I’d love to keep sharing the journey as we go if you’re interested!!! :rolleyes::jumpy
Absolutely! It's a japenese name, since she was a Japenese quail!! It is exciting! And watching them develop feels incredible! Tiny heartbeats, veins branching out, movement for the first time- it's unlike anything else I know!
I've only incubated two times, first with the quail eggs which sadly didnt work out, and then a second time with duck eggs! Of which came my two girls! I would LOVE to try hatching again, but I'm already hoping to take in a third rescue duck and that's my limit for the minute!

And yes definitely want to see how this works out and follow the journey!! Keep me updated! 😁

Absolutely! It's a japenese name, since she was a Japenese quail!! It is exciting! And watching them develop feels incredible! Tiny heartbeats, veins branching out, movement for the first time- it's unlike anything else I know!
I've only incubated two times, first with the quail eggs which sadly didnt work out, and then a second time with duck eggs! Of which came my two girls! I would LOVE to try hatching again, but I'm already hoping to take in a third rescue duck and that's my limit for the minute!

And yes definitely want to see how this works out and follow the journey!! Keep me updated! 😁
Oh AMAZING! My Momma lived in Japan for a couple of years, and my sister was born there!! I would love to use that name some day, if you don’t mind! Especially for the translation, our background with the country, and to carry on your quail’s memory! (Girls really cry easily, I’m tearing up typing!)

Oh fun!! How special that your 2 girls came from your incubator! God is Good!! And how good of you to take in a rescue!!! That’s so sweet! :D

A quick update, Praise the Lord, she has another breaking point in her shell, and I’m praying that she is starting to zip!!! Yay! ❤️ It is a little hard to see from the picture. Does this look like what you’ve seen in your experience?

Attachments

• 2343EE8C-3EB4-41B6-998F-B52F09BBA57A.jpeg
    2343EE8C-3EB4-41B6-998F-B52F09BBA57A.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 4
Oh AMAZING! My Momma lived in Japan for a couple of years, and my sister was born there!! I would love to use that name some day, if you don’t mind! Especially for the translation, our background with the country, and to carry on your quail’s memory! (Girls really cry easily, I’m tearing up typing!)

Oh fun!! How special that your 2 girls came from your incubator! God is Good!! And how good of you to take in a rescue!!! That’s so sweet! :D

A quick update, Praise the Lord, she has another breaking point in her shell, and I’m praying that she is starting to zip!!! Yay! ❤️ It is a little hard to see from the picture. Does this look like what you’ve seen in your experience?
Looks good so far!! She'll likely break open a proper hole soon where she'll poke her beak out! That's what both of mine did, it's precious! Mine both made the first star shaped crack, then a second next to it, then broke them through into a hole, then from there began zipping! The first needed an assist eventually, but the second completed the zip all on her own!
And yes! You're welcome to use the name some day 😁

Back
Top Bottom