Candling help - day 9/10

TeePants

Songster
10 Years
Aug 11, 2011
Hey! I have a few eggs I’m pretty sure are just late quitters but they were close enough looking to the others that I wanted a second opinion!

I had a few good looking eggs too that didn’t seem to be moving inside when I candled them :( I’m hoping I just didn’t catch it.

I set 22 eggs on the 19th, so I think today is day 9 or day 10.

Anyway, onto the eggs:

Celadon (8 developing, 2 maybe, 1 clear and 3 quitters)

1 - clear

2 - ? See photo:
F04E46A7-D855-4FC5-A17B-5AC6D59F522C.jpeg

I see veining, but the clear area is larger than the other eggs, and it wasn’t moving. My guess is that this guy was a late quitter.

3 - movement, looks great

4 - movement, looks great

5 - movement, looks great

6 - movement, looks great

7 - early quitter, no veins, blood ring

8 - moved a lot! sassy. looked great.

9 - movement, looks great

10 - I think this is a quitter too:
9C2A9547-6F8B-4664-BF17-546920832BD5.jpeg

maybe it’s just a really clear shell, but the veins look much thinner than on the obviously developing ones, and the area with the chick isn’t opaque except the one spot.

11 - cracked before setting them

12 - clear

13 - looked good, but didn’t see much movement? going to check again on lockdown day.

14 - looked good

15 - quit early

16 - goof

Regular (Silver/pearl mix) 3 yes, 3 maybe, 1 clear

1 - really dark/speckled shell but looked good, will try to recheck at lockdown

2 - my guess is late quitter??
68D6127F-5116-4B94-B75E-7FE3037DA6C0.jpeg

not even sure why I included it as a maybe now that I’m looking at it, lol.

3 - yep

4 - ??? I put this as recheck before lockdown but I’m not even that certain:
3C2E7851-79B6-43BD-8ABB-25557BBAB68E.jpeg

compared to the eggs I’m sure about the clear area is quite large.

5 -clear

6 - good

7 - ?
36A4FE22-D0C4-4904-8D6F-90B5BD671173.jpeg

the veins are really scraggly and thin and overall it’s very translucent

Anyway! I’m guessing most of these are a bust, and if that’s the case, I’m really hoping to enter lockdown with the rest (for a total of 11). That’s about 50%, which seems REALLY low considering these were local eggs and not shipped. I am guessing with the number of “quitters” I’m seeing it’s the incubator? Ugh. If we do this again I’m getting a Brinsea.

Hey! I have a few eggs I’m pretty sure are just late quitters but they were close enough looking to the others that I wanted a second opinion!

I had a few good looking eggs too that didn’t seem to be moving inside when I candled them :( I’m hoping I just didn’t catch it.

Anyway, onto the eggs:

1 - clear

2 - ? See photo:
View attachment 2640364
I see veining, but the clear area is larger than the other eggs, and it wasn’t moving. My guess is that this guy was a late quitter.

View attachment 2640365
maybe it’s just a really clear shell, but the veins look much thinner than on the obviously developing ones, and the area with the chick isn’t opaque except the one spot.

12 - clear

13 - looked good, but didn’t see much movement? going to check again on lockdown day.

14 - looked good

15 - quit early

16 - goof

View attachment 2640373

3 - yep

View attachment 2640375

5 -clear

6 - good

7 - ?
View attachment 2640376

Anyway! I’m guessing most of these are a bust, and if that’s the case, I’m really hoping to enter lockdown with the rest (for a total of 11). That’s about 50%, which seems REALLY low considering these were local eggs and not shipped. I am guessing with the number of “quitters” I’m seeing it’s the incubator? Ugh. If we do this again I’m getting a Brinsea.
2and 7 iffy ? And 4 unless that isnt its shell design, @Kiki @Nabiki

Anyway, onto the eggs:

1 - clear

2 - ? See photo:
View attachment 2640364

View attachment 2640365

12 - clear

14 - looked good

15 - quit early

16 - goof

View attachment 2640373

3 - yep

View attachment 2640375

5 -clear

6 - good

7 - ?
View attachment 2640376

By the way ur 2 celedon was moving when u candled it right ? That far along u should see veins or somthing wiggle

By the way ur 2 celedon was moving when u candled it right ? That far along u should see veins or somthing wiggle
I don’t think so. The ones I saw wiggling made it to the good list but not that guy or the others, that’s why they were all on the concern list.

Well this sucks. Went to check the eggs this morning because the Govee said it was cold; incubator was closed properly but I forgot to wrap my jacket around it again. More upsetting though is that the egg turner wouldn’t turn. I always do a test run on it when I reposition the eggs or check on the incubator in case one got stuck, it seems like maybe the shelf liner got picked up by it somehow?

It’s working again but I don’t trust it. Should I start checking the turner every three hours or whatever the interval is?

Well this sucks. Went to check the eggs this morning because the Govee said it was cold; incubator was closed properly but I forgot to wrap my jacket around it again. More upsetting though is that the egg turner wouldn’t turn. I always do a test run on it when I reposition the eggs or check on the incubator in case one got stuck, it seems like maybe the shelf liner got picked up by it somehow?

It’s working again but I don’t trust it. Should I start checking the turner every three hours or whatever the interval is?
Basicly always make sure everything you need to do is set up right

Back
Top Bottom