Can't try out my DIY bator until we're back from holiday vacations!!!!

idispatch4911

Chirping
8 Years
May 20, 2011
Southern Utah
I'm so sad and have chickens and hatching on the brain! Hubby and I talked it over and he won't let me attempt to hatch any eggs in my new DIY incubator (I just got the temps stable) until we're back from 2 vacations - in MID DECEMBER!!!! He's right though. I wouldn't be home to turn the eggies, etc. I told him if I start NOW, I can have new hatchlings but then no one would want to watch new chickies while we're away for Thanksgiving......ARG!

And I'm so bummed. I keep checking the "eggs for sale" board and I just want to get things moving along. We only have 2 hens!

sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Just had to vent!

Tell me about it. I'm on vacation right now in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico. I have my laptop with me and have spent days reading threads on hatching and looking at which incubator I want to buy. I'm placing the order in the next couple of days so it will be there when I get home.

Then I STILL can't use it! Thirteen days later we're leaving on another two week trip.

I'll be home on Dec 7th, I can stabilize the incubator and join in on the NYD hatch
big_smile.png

I haven't incubated eggs in about 15 years. My (new) husband has never witnessed it. I can't wait!

Deb

Congrats on being a newlywed! I won't be able to set any eggs until around December 12th. I will be a little late with the NYD hatch, but I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom