Cards

Fierlin1182

powered-flight
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
What do you put on cards for Christmas/birthdays/other?
I'm always trying to write too much.
lol.png

I try to personalise things because a simple "Have a good holidays" for everyone seems a little bland.
lol.png

I like some of the messages on those fancy cards you can get.
I saw one today that said,

How many friends does it take to make
you feel like the luckiest person on earth?

One.

I don't give cards. But only because I hate getting them. I don't like having clutter all around me and when people give me cards for Christmas or my birthday then I feel I need to keep them out of respect. So then I end up with bags of cards in the back of my cupboard taking up room. It makes me cringe when I get cards for those two occasions. I also dislike it because I feel the people and I don't actually want to write the cards but you feel obligated to.
So now I don't. It saves my time & worry and their storage space.
I absolutely love giving and getting cards randomly though, they do it on their own accord and it shows how much they really care.

I sometimes give out cards just for the sake of sending a nice surprise. I try to tailor the message to suit whoever it is I'm sending to so it is always different!
smile.png

guinea fowl galore, I have got some very very old cards from the time I was <10... recently went through and cleared them all out only kept the special ones from close friends, or which had something custom written inside them.

I write a bit about recent events in the family, and pop in a gift card for gas,food,and pizza. My dd makes the most awesome cards. She is into anime and her drawings are wonderful. Everyone loves getting her cards. I don't usually keep store bought cards,but I will keep my dd's cards.

I think I might send one to an old friend I haven't talked to in a while.

Got some freebie friendship bracelets from a magazine too, so might throw one of those in .They're pretty cute.
lol.png

Id rather have e-cards!

I enjoy getting Christmas cards but after awhile, it gets old. The only thing I will keep are my grandparents or older people that has long gone that were important in my earlier years and every Christmas cards I get from my parents to my dd...I woudl keep them in her Memories box.

Back
Top Bottom