Care for flock after two chickens died

qhlover

Chirping
May 15, 2015
West Texas
I had to chickens get sick and die
Should I give the flock antibiotics gust in case? I can get Duramycin here locally. Any help would be appreciated this is my first time with sick chickens

I had to chickens get sick and die
Should I give the flock antibiotics gust in case? I can get Duramycin here locally. Any help would be appreciated this is my first time with sick chickens

What were the symptoms of those birds that died? Antibiotics will not help with some diseases.

They got lethargic then died in about 12hr the hen had a dirty but but was not stopped up. No respatory symptoms.

A vet is the best route, but not always possible. You can try antibiotics for intestinal infection. Be sure that what you use is for intestinal infections; not all antibiotics are the same. But again, a vet is the best option. With two birds dead it could well be something contagious.

There are so many things it could be. If it happens again consider taking the body to your vet for a necropsy. Yes it costs, but so does lots of treatments that might not help if wrong and replacing your flock.

Hope the rest stay well!

Everyone looks healthy but they are not laying. The weather right know is stressful right now 35-40 over night then in to the 70-80 in the day could that be what it changing their laying

Back
Top Bottom