carpal tunnel

Momma Hen

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Missouri
Has anyone had surgery for carpal tunnel that can offer some feedback?....Like did it fix the problem, was it painful, what was the recovery time, any paralysis afterwards, etc. I've been battling this for 6yrs now. Its time I did something to correct it. Physical theraphy didn't work & those hand braces seem to make it worse. I've had all the sleepless nites I can stand & I'm sick to death of that nagging numb tingling sensation in my fingers!

Please, go have the surgery. It's like a five minute procedure. Not that painful. I don't remember if I even took pain killers. It does fix the problem. It's a lot better than the painful nights that you'll have if you don't get it fixed. Recovery is like 6 weeks, tho. It takes time to get the strenght back in your hands. Doctor will give you exercises, like squeezing a ball to help with that. I got full use of my hands, no problems afterwards. Good Luck!!

My friend had it done a few years ago. She has paralysis on her whole left side of her body. She says she wished she had never done the surgery, and that it ruined her life. She had to move back in with her parents and her husband divorced her over it. She sued her doctor, and is rich now though. There are risks with any surgery, you have to make a personal decision about it.

Hi Momma Hen,
I had the surgery on both hands at the same time and I had no side effects. My hands are back to normal again. There are different types of surgery for carpel tunnel. Mine I just had 2 little crosses on my wrist and in the middle of my hands. I think it depends on the surgeon.
I'm glad I had mine. My hands would go numb when I was blow-drying my hair or cross-stitching-any kind of repetitive movements with my hands. That's all gone now.
Good luck to you!

Momma Hen,

I had Carpal Tunnel Release surgery one week ago today. And I am so glad I did!! It's a little bit painful and stiff still, but better each day. And no numbess and tingling at all. If you'd like more detailed info on my experience I'd be happy to fill you in, since it's all so fresh in my mind.

I would do it again in a minute though. If that helps you decide.

I think about 99.99999999% people are satisfied when surgery is performed.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but remember permanent damage can be done if it's not properly addressed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom