Cats? Predators?

Quote:
Just some information, apparently there is a procedure out there that will terminate a pregnancy (in cats and dogs - but thefore neutering/spaying them in the process) so unwanted (not because they're i-hate-them-unwanted, but too-many-unwanted) lives aren't brought into the world when so many others are also suffering. I feel your pain, I went through this often too... T_T

Yea I was told I could have her fixed while pregnant. They basically put the kittens to sleep and the mama may go into pre-term labor (I would think) but I couldn't bring myself to do it. She was so far along when I realized she was pregnant that I just couldn't. I will be fixing the kittens before I give them away that way I know they can't create more cats. They have a mobil vet here that does it for pretty cheap. I'm not sure what to do with the other strays here. I'm getting my first set of chicks on Thursday and if they know whats good for them they will leave them alone. The chicks will be indoor for at least a few weeks but after that... I'd hate to have to kick their rears!

Well this post has been interesting. Today's paper said that the local ASPCA may have to close for lack of funds. These places exist because people are irresponisble in having pets fixed. I'm new to chickens and have 3 cats. One of which showed up starving to death. My neighbor has a cat and I've seen one hanging around but don't know where it comes from.
Due to all your comments I now know to watch out for cats. Thanks to all who posted.

This post is old but worthwhile as I have started to wonder if I have a cat problem.

Some of the latest thought about feral/stray cats is to catch, spay/neuter and release. If you remove a feral cat, another will take its place. This way, the locals are all fixed. Animal advocates would ask that you provide food and a place to get out of the elements.

In St Louis, there is a charity that fixes feral cats for almost nothing.
"Quick fix".
They crop an ear and tattoo the cat so that it is easy to Id as "fixed".

They are just pests.... and they breed at an alarming rate.. killing thousands of birds and spreading disease to people pet cats.

They should be culled in a humane way.

People have a soft spot for them because they look nice and cute... but they are not pet cats... just try to pick one up and give it a cuddle!!!

Back
Top Bottom