cave creek az

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in staying cool. :eek:)

Hi, welcome to BYC!

What kind of birds do you have (I'm assuming you're trying to help them deal with heat?)?

We have chickens and lately our temps have been in the high 90's with lots of humidity. These are some of the things we do:
* Extra waterers and bottles of frozen water in them to cool their drinking water
* As much shade (natural and man-made) as possible
* Cooling snacks like watermelon, cucumbers, etc.
* Try not to disturb them during the heat of the day
* Let them out to free range extra early in the cooler part of the day, then back to their covered run
* Hose down their run floor several times a day

Hope some of those things help. You may also want to check with members on your state thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/31227/arizona-chickens

Good luck to you, heat is very stressful to chickens.

welcome-byc.gif

Wow LOVE THIS SIGHT appreciate all the welcomes , I've learned a lot in just a few weeks I'm kinda rethinking my chicken coop it's hard to keep these little guys cool I almost had one drown last night

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I'd recommend hanging a frozen water jug from the coop ceiling and have a fan blowing on it. This will act as an AC in the coop. Hopefully, it'll help keep them cool. NorthFLChick has given you some good ideas too.

Back
Top Bottom