cayuga duck thread

Very pretty ducks.

Doesn't look like Pansy has angel wing? hard to tell how far it's sticking out though from that angle. Only thing I can rec is when she molts out her flight feathers and they just begin to start growing back in wrap just like you would for angel wing and see if that helps. Feather could have gotten damaged at some point when growing in and next molt maybe it will work itself out. You'll just have to keep a close eye on it so if it looks like it's coming in different you can wrap. Usually only takes less than a week to fix.

Ok, thanks. I'll give it a few more weeks to see if it will correct itself, and if not I'll try rapping her wing.

I was thinking the same thing. Waiting till she molts would be more efficient, but in the mean time it might be worth a shot to rap it now.

So, I've decided to wait until Pansy molts to wrap her wing, because it is clearly uncomfortable when her wing is not sticking out due to her wing growing that way. I think it will be easier if when she molts and new feathers come in I'll wrap her wing to ensure it grows in the proper position.

Our Cayuga duck, Shadow, figured out how to fly out of her pool this morning. She is 3 months old.
shadow_flying15.jpg
shadow_flying10.jpg

Love that avatar :love

:lol: It's my Jumbo Pekin hen's baby picture. She is absolutely huge at 5 months old!

Our Cayuga duck, Shadow, figured out how to fly out of her pool this morning. She is 3 months old.View attachment 1069065 View attachment 1069066

Shadow is so cute! At least you have an entirely enclosed pen with a roof, so she can still stretch her wings without you having to worry about her accidentally escaping. My Cayuga hen, Pansy is way to heavy to fly, lol.

Back
Top Bottom