cayuga duck thread

Pics
What is an age that I shouldn't have any doubt in voice sexing my duckies?
Mine were between 7 and 8 weeks when the males voices changed. I did not know what was going on and even posted a thread asking if ducks got sore throats. What was happening was male maturity was taking hold. My Blue Swedish changed first...about a week or so before my Khaki Campbell changed. It was about a month later that they got their drake feathers. And, on another previous posting, my males both have more than one drake feather. The Blue Swedish has three and the Khaki Campbell has two.

I have 6 that are 9 or 10 weeks old. I sit out and watch them play constantly but I only hear one that sounds like "he" has a cold. The others sound like my Abigail (adult pekin). I'm just finding it hard to believe I could've gotten that lucky.

Does anyone know if this is a Cayuga?

I'm also worried about one of them. Her/his tail points towards the side. Idk if she/he is holding it that way or if there is something wrong. Plus she/he has trouble holding her wings beside the body. She/he can hold them how they're supposed to be but they're almost always hanging out. I thought it was angel wing but I'm not sure now.

Back
Top Bottom