cayuga duck thread

Pics
But of course I also own a Cayuga rouens and a very large Muscovy population .
My duck flock is all still too young to lay. I have a very modge podge of ducks for enjoyment purposes.. I would like to get show quality Cayuga ducks and the Roman Tuffed Geese. I hope my boys will want to show in 4-H but Idk. I cannot show any longer due to medical issues but I love raising them.

Our ducks will be outdoors once they are adults.... When they are ducklings they will be inside with us! I'm hoping they imprint a little.
Ours are outside as adults. The four dogs run out and play while they free range and do great with them. We start socializing when the ducklings are a day old. covered up in our hands so the dogs can smell but not touch. When they are locked up our one dog breaks into the coop and lets them all out because she wants to eat the scraps we give them! lol

Ours are outside as adults. The four dogs run out and play while they free range and do great with them. We start socializing when the ducklings are a day old. covered up in our hands so the dogs can smell but not touch. When they are locked up our one dog breaks into the coop and lets them all out because she wants to eat the scraps we give them! lol

Thanks for the input! Hopefully our dog will do the same! Glad to hear they can be raised I'm harmony!

10 DAYS TILL THE DUCKS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

One week in the books with us, and boy they sure grow fast!!!!

Tina, the little one (as we hope she is in fact a she) is starting to make some weird half quacking noises, and Ike, the big one has the legs of an Olympic swimmer!!

They have doubled in height, We certainly didnt expect that, and now that they are on gamebird/duck starter, dont seem to be constantly hungry.

I am getting 2 Cayuga female ducklings this Thursday. I special ordered through a feedstore that orders hundreds of birds a week from a hatchery. Ordering 10 ducklings at once would have been too much for me. I got some crested ducks about 10 days ago and love them. 1 is a tiny black female that is an outcast because the others are white and twice her size. Since I wanted Cayugas and felt she needed black companions I took the opportunity to order some girls to keep Ebony company. Ebony is currently injured, the Pekin drake that came with the cresteds, forced her to mate a few days ago. he is gone now but Ebony still can't walk, she was using her wing to help her scoot around. I have her in my nursery with 2 African goslings that have snuggled up with her. She will most likely still be there when the ducklings arrive. She isn't aggressive in any way, will she get on OK with her new babies?
Also the feedstore ordered 6 males and 6 females, if I added a baby Cayuga drake would he turn out as violent as the Pekin?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom