cayuga duck thread

Pics
Don't forget to post pics when they hatch!
caf.gif

Mrs has laid her first egg for us and it's blue!!! I would love to see if she goes broody. How many days should I leave that egg in her nest for?? So excited, first ever duck egg!

So I bought some Cayuga eggs.. Unfortunately they are not local. I'm hoping that shipping doesn't hurt them too much. I bought 6 eggs and I'm hoping for around a 50% hatch rate. Ideally, I'd like 3-4 ducks, but 2 would be okay too.
The first chicken eggs I ever hatched were shipped eggs and only 1 out of 14 hatched. It could've been the shipping or inexperience on my part, I don't know, but I always had excellent hatching rates with my own eggs so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

great pics wish i could post pics of my 3 month old cayugas. 1 of my cayuga hens has realy bright bright beetle green on her wings and a slight green tint up her neck my drake isnt as colorful barely noticeable green tint he also has very small faded black and white checkering on breast? the other cayuga hen is crested with a slight beetle green tint cant wait till they get older and the colors really pop. was wanting runners but free was better glad i got these now. they love water and are curious so much that any running water noise, chickens near water, there swamp kiddy pool or the sight of me with garden hose sends them running to make a mess, they also love rain the chickens think there stupid when a storm lets loose
lau.gif
A very curious, messy breed and hardy to. no casulitys unlike khakis. still wondering and hopeing there eggs will come out solid black
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom