cayuga duck thread

Pics
I believe I have Cayuga mixes? I Bought some Ancona ducks in march only to find they are sporting a bluish green sheen on their darker feathers. I have one that i still cannot tell if it is male or female that has black feet with some orange.. and the placement of the markings makes it look like its wearing a little brown vest... and most of the brown/chocolate feathers all have a greenish sheen especially at the wing tips. and my tri-color which is mostly blue silver and lavender, has black plumage under the eyes that had the same blue green sheen. I sadly know nothing of Cayugas and the differences they might have compared to Anconas. They are pretty, but not what I expected.

Hi I'm curious about the gender on my 6 cayuga babies. They're a little over a month old & 3 are noticeably larger than the others & have more green in their feathers. Plus they are the only ones with a noticeable green on their faces. Any ideas?

Awwww, I want Cayuga babies, but my lady doesn't seem to be too broody. She hasn't set on the eggs. Maybe if my chickens go broody again I will set some under them!

I believe you have to wait. I don't recall when I noticed mine were drakes, but I knew by low vocals and the flip in tail. I want to say they were at least a couple to a few months old. Now I have a female and she quacks! Definitely a vocal difference. Try YouTube for sounds. That's what I did.

Back
Top Bottom