cayuga duck thread

Pics
I would pay for the shipping and all but I just want Cayuga. I'm not looking for a lot of birds just a couple and I would want those to be Cayugas.
If you really want Cayugas, you might try buying them as ducklings instead of eggs. I got my Cayuga at Metzer Farms, and they have the ducklings through November 24 it looks like. They will ship as few as 2 birds (we ordered 4--our Cayuga, a Blue Swedish, and 2 Welsh Harlequins).

It's funny you said that. I just ordered 2 trios last night. I didn't want that many but there was a minimum order price total but only a 2 bird minimum. So for the same price I just got the 2 trios. I figure I can sell one of the trios very easily locally and recover most of the cost.

If you really want Cayugas, you might try buying them as ducklings instead of eggs.  I got my Cayuga at Metzer Farms, and they have the ducklings through November 24 it looks like.  They will ship as few as 2 birds (we ordered 4--our Cayuga, a Blue Swedish, and 2 Welsh Harlequins).

My Cayuga drake is whacko!!! He is mean to my welsh harlequin pair, so they have to be separated. And when they all free range together some of our other ducks will be in the pool and he runs over there and chases them all out. If my WH pair is in there, he will chase the boy away and then try to drown my female. There are only two ducks he likes out of our 9. Which is one female and on male. We wanted to get him more females, but I don't know if he will accept them. We have three different flocks of ducks. We have the WH breeding pair. We have 2 rouens and 2 Pekins together. And then we have him and another drake with only one female, cause he hates everyone else. We're worried that they're going to hurt her. He is the sweetest thing towards people, but other ducks is a big no no. Has anyone else had this problem?? And should we still try to get him some more females? Or is he just really really hormonal and will settle down later? Thanks!

My Cayuga drake is whacko!!! He is mean to my welsh harlequin pair, so they have to be separated. And when they all free range together some of our other ducks will be in the pool and he runs over there and chases them all out. If my WH pair is in there, he will chase the boy away and then try to drown my female. There are only two ducks he likes out of our 9. Which is one female and on male. We wanted to get him more females, but I don't know if he will accept them. We have three different flocks of ducks. We have the WH breeding pair. We have 2 rouens and 2 Pekins together. And then we have him and another drake with only one female, cause he hates everyone else. We're worried that they're going to hurt her. He is the sweetest thing towards people, but other ducks is a big no no. Has anyone else had this problem?? And should we still try to get him some more females? Or is he just really really hormonal and will settle down later? Thanks!

We ate our aggressive drake.

That drake has problems. "His lack" of hens is not the problem and I wouldn't dare try to add any If hes gonna act like that. hormonal, yah sounds like it or your drakes just a... how can I put this with out using profanity... a big butt doughnut. He's clearly not a duck person. There's no sure way of knowing if he'll settle down or bounce back. Hormones can make a nice duck into a mean duck forever.

I would keep his pack away from the others. If hes not mean toward his duck friends then I doubt you'll have a problem with that. Possibly make them there own isolated area. If problems persist I would just remove him...sorry to say.

That drake has problems. "His lack" of hens is not the problem and I wouldn't dare try to add any If hes gonna act like that. hormonal, yah sounds like it or your drakes just a... how can I put this with out using profanity... a big butt doughnut. He's clearly not a duck person. There's no sure way of knowing if he'll settle down or bounce back. Hormones can make a nice duck into a mean duck forever.

I would keep his pack away from the others. If hes not mean toward his duck friends then I doubt you'll have a problem with that. Possibly make them there own isolated area. If problems persist I would just remove him...sorry to say.
we have decided to get rid of him.... he jumped the fence in the middle of the night that separated his flock from the WH pair and nearly killed my female. She is too young to be mated so I'm hoping she won't have egg problems when she starts to lay. He paces the fence trying to get to them, and at night now we have to put the WH in a different pen until we are able to raise the fence. We are gonna get more females after he goes bye bye to add to the flock, and hopefully with him gone, my WH and the other two can live together.

Back
Top Bottom