cayuga duck thread

Pics
What was the height of the fence he jumped over? I have a 48" fence now and the chickens with clipped wings can't jump over it. In my research I have seen that Cayuga don't fly. If this is not so I can clip wings if needed but I don't want to if I don't need to. We have no issues with predators here so they are not at risk with clipped wings.

What was the height of the fence he jumped over? I have a 48" fence now and the chickens with clipped wings can't jump over it. In my research I have seen that Cayuga don't fly. If this is not so I can clip wings if needed but I don't want to if I don't need to. We have no issues with predators here so they are not at risk with clipped wings.

Cayuga can jump, get some air and power glide up to 3 ish ft in height with various length. Mine do this sometimes but only when I'm to far away to run to or they 'try' to fly. Lol Its cute :)

But I wouldn't consider clipping them as they don't do this a lot.

I think it was 3ft or so

Cayuga ducks can fly...just not very well or high or far. I have 16 and they do silly little flights off and on all day. I read once that they fly like a brick.

Well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later. My Cayugas are mating!!! They won't even be 20 weeks old for another three weeks but there they were ... going at it in the pool. The females initiated it and they have been chasing the males around bobing their heads for several days. I am hoping they are too young still to want to hatch ducklings out since we are coming to winter soon and they haven't even laid their first egg yet.

Donald & Daisy the Cayuga Ducklings

Back
Top Bottom