cayuga duck thread

Pics
I got my Cayugas three weeks ago today! A little late on joining you "bird brains" on this site and this is my first post! I figured this site helped answer a lot of questions I had about raising ducks. I raised a goose before and I was a regular lurker on the site. So, making it official!

Hopefully I can contribute in the future! If not, hey, at least this lurker now as a name.
wee.gif

Oh, and, this is a picture of my babies the day I got them. Sorry about the quality, I was overly excited when I picked them up for multiple reasons.

A more recent pic you can find as my ID picture. That dark fuzz is hard to get a clear picture of! They're names are DW (Darkwing, hehe) and Hedy (after the actress, Hedy Lamarr).

So hello everyone!!
jumpy.gif

I got my Cayugas three weeks ago today! A little late on joining you "bird brains" on this site and this is my first post! I figured this site helped answer a lot of questions I had about raising ducks. I raised a goose before and I was a regular lurker on the site. So, making it official!

Hopefully I can contribute in the future! If not, hey, at least this lurker now as a name. :weee

Oh, and, this is a picture of my babies the day I got them. Sorry about the quality, I was overly excited when I picked them up for multiple reasons.

A more recent pic you can find as my ID picture. That dark fuzz is hard to get a clear picture of! They're names are DW (Darkwing, hehe) and Hedy (after the actress, Hedy Lamarr).

So hello everyone!! :jumpy

Who you calling bird brains eh? :lau Just kidding! Welcome to BYC!!!!! Glad to have you here!!!! Pretty babies!!!!

Hahhaa! I couldn't help it, the joke had to be made! Forewarning, I might make numerous puns in the future. Very lame puns.
wink.png

And thank you! To both the welcoming and the compliment on my feathered babies! Hopefully the one on the right gets more photogenic in the future. The other one tries to eat the camera. :D

Hahhaa! I couldn't help it, the joke had to be made! Forewarning, I might make numerous puns in the future. Very lame puns.
wink.png

And thank you! To both the welcoming and the compliment on my feathered babies! Hopefully the one on the right gets more photogenic in the future. The other one tries to eat the camera. :D
Its cool!!
tongue.png

Haha NP yeah i get that ive got shy birds and some very not shy birds XD

Hehehe! Yeah the one that hides from the camera is very docile in comparison to the bigger one. The personalities are almost complete opposites, but they are both still much quieter and calmer than other ducks I have seen. I am curious how that will carry over into duckhood!

And congratulations BlakeCooper!! I love the little duck puppet you got them. Now time for you to start obsessing over them!
big_smile.png

Hehehe! Yeah the one that hides from the camera is very docile in comparison to the bigger one. The personalities are almost complete opposites, but they are both still much quieter and calmer than other ducks I have seen. I am curious how that will carry over into duckhood!

And congratulations BlakeCooper!! I love the little duck puppet you got them. Now time for you to start obsessing over them! :D

No two birds are exactly alike they all have very unique personalities and habits Im a mother of many little ones and each one is different in their own way just like people!

Hi all ! I have 5 cayuga. I got 2 from metzer so I know they are female because I paid for second. But I got 3 from the feed store straight run. We have been waiting to see if any obvious drake shows up but see no curled tails at this time. The only thing is that one of them seems to only whistle.. never quack. Is whisteling only a drake thing? It's a very obvious whistle like the kind a human would do. I'm just wondering if this whistle means drake for sure? Id be happy with 1 drake as that would mean 4 females and 1 make and I'd love to have ducklings eventually. .. thoughts? !? When did your drakes get their tail curl?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom