cayuga duck thread

Pics
hi everyone,
we have 2 male Cayuga ducks (bit of an oversight on my part buying 2 males). They are around 2 1/2 years old.
Unfortunately we got them when they were around 5 months old so they have never really been tame which is a real shame as they are so pretty.
Any tips for taming them?
They have also recently started fighting each other which I can only assume is due to breeding time. However, its becoming more frequent and more violent and the smaller one has lost a numch of feather behind his neck.
Other than buying a female duck is there anything we could do to try and chill them out a bit? I read that potentially the only option would be to have separate areas for them.

Thanks for your help and nice to meet you all

Anyone wanna help me. Got these at 9 days old straight from momma duck. Penned but not handled. So my question is. They are from cayuga parents. Same hatch, but why is "bronco" grey?

Maybe??? His/her down is black underneath and the tail feathers that are growing in have black veins. Bill is emerald green with yellow underneath. Legs black but feet are black w a little yellow. Bigger than the other two it seems. He/she is the quietest and more attentive when I speak to them. It's cool anyhow. Is it possible the mallards and cayuga mated? I guess so. They are animals. Lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom