cayuga duck thread

Pics
we have four grey and white ducks and we are not sure what breed they are . We were told they are Muscovy but we are unsure. Help

hi we are new to this. We have ten chicken and we know they are Rhode Island reds but our four duck we are unsure. They are suppose to be Muscovy but we are unsure. Please help

I just got a Cayuga hen from a lady that didn't live to far away from me. She said she hatched in April 2015 but she's already turning white. Is that normal? Or what could cause her to turn white so early. It's not a lot of white but enough to notice

I just got a Cayuga hen from a lady that didn't live to far away from me. She said she hatched in April 2015 but she's already turning white. Is that normal? Or what could cause her to turn white so early. It's not a lot of white but enough to notice

when a cayuga duck starts to turn white they do that when they get old but she looks alot like a full cayuga but she maybe a mix

I have four Cayugas that hatched in May 2015. They're all females. One of the ladies is the hop-on-top favorite...so much so that she had a few places on her neck and head that were missing a few feathers. Instead of the black/green sheen feathers those few places grew back with white feathers. I definitely wouldn't describe my hen with these white feathers as old. She's the boss hen and she has a sassy spring in her step every morning when i let them out to hunt bugs & slugs.

I'm watching to see what colors those grow back when they molt their first adult feathers.

Back
Top Bottom