cayuga duck thread

Pics
I have been thinking about ordering from a hatchery but I heard shipping is really expensive and there is a minimum order... was it expensive when you ordered from a hatchery?

Yes it was. About $60 for 2 ducklings. If you get them local you might pay only 6-8 a duckling.

I went to my local feed stores and tractor supply looking for cayugas but they never had any. And last Friday they got their last shipment of ducks in...I guess I'll have to order from a hatchery unless I can find a local breeder on here, no luck so far. :/

The local farm place near me told me they don't get any of those. They usually only sell like 3 different kinds. That would be cool if you found someone local with them. Good luck on your search.

Last edited:
I've been looking at ideal poultry... it's the cheapest hatchery I've found so far. I was also wanting to get some silkies but there are a lot of people complaining about ideals silkies on here.

Metzer's would be about $48 for 2 sexed cayugas, $8 for each duckling and $32 for shipping an extra small order. I got a cayuga in my order yesterday. She is gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom