cayuga duck thread

Pics
All 10 hatched. Most are the normal black color, but 2 are a silver, one is kinda brown and 1 is yellowish.

All 10 hatched. Most are the normal black color, but 2 are a silver, one is kinda brown and 1 is yellowish.

Adorable! my eggs are day 5 of incubation. We candled them a couple days early and seeing good results so far from some of the earlier eggs.
[/IMG]

So my clutch of Cayuga/Crested eggs in the incubator are doing well. Unfortunately, I think a couple of our first eggs were either unfertilized or early death. I don't see any dark spots in the eggs but I also don't see any signs of veining. They are eggs #1 & 3 out of 11. How long should I wait to see if any veining will occur before remove them from the incubator?

@searlus usually by day 7-8 you should see veining as long as there isn't any smell you can leave them longer.

Miss Lydia is correct. By 7-8 days of incubation, one should easily see good veining and the embryo. Yes, as long as the eggs don't smell, you can leave them in for a couple extra days.

Yes, I see growing embryo and veining in the eggs.
celebrate.gif

Hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy your ducks.

Matthews Feed and Grain. Small town living at its best. It was just a small little giant still air. Unfortunately the person before us didn't treat it very well. Ended up buying one anyways but it got us through the first couple days

Back
Top Bottom