cayuga duck thread

Pics

Our first duckling finally hatched. So exciting!

Thank you, we did watch it for the day and ultimatitley decided to make some hobbles for him and hopefully correct it. Seems to be doing well since we put it on, easier for him to stand up. Hoping that all is well in the next couple days.

Thank you, we did watch it for the day and ultimatitley decided to make some hobbles for him and hopefully correct it. Seems to be doing well since we put it on, easier for him to stand up. Hoping that all is well in the next couple days.
Usually only takes a few days once hobbled great you got right on it too. Keep us updated on hatch how many left?

Saw a huge improvement this morning already. Running around the brooder. Needed to hobble the second one too so hopefully we see same progress. There are 7 eggs to go.

Saw a huge improvement this morning already. Running around the brooder. Needed to hobble the second one too so hopefully we see same progress. There are 7 eggs to go.
woot.gif
amazing how these lil one do isn't it. Hope the second on improves as fast. Oh gosh hoping for great rest of hatch.. I'd never get anything done I'd have my face planted on the bator.
smile.png

It's definitely a challenge to do anything but watch the bator lol. We started with a clutch of 20 eggs and I read going in about the mortality rate of eggs. And the father is a Crested duck so unfortunately I was expecting 50% hatch or lower. Hopefully we go 9 for 20.

Back
Top Bottom