cayuga duck thread

Pics
Egg 4 just started pipping! And the first 3 ducklings are doing great.

This little one pipped and zipped super fast. Still trying to find its legs under it but doesn't look to have spraddle leg. Love it's colors. Black and orange bill, black legs with some orange, white tips on its wings, and lots of blonde on its chest.:D:D

Question, so the newest duckling seems healthy and doesn't show signs of spraddle leg but I've noticed that when I reach in to pick it up it tries to "run" away. Only thing is it looks like it's a high centered car. It's legs make a great running motion but it's stomach is on the ground so it doesn't go anywhere and it's legs just go back and forth. Is that normal? Is it still finding it's legs?

Question, so the newest duckling seems healthy and doesn't show signs of spraddle leg but I've noticed that when I reach in to pick it up it tries to "run" away. Only thing is it looks like it's a high centered car. It's legs make a great running motion but it's stomach is on the ground so it doesn't go anywhere and it's legs just go back and forth. Is that normal? Is it still finding it's legs?
That is adorable love the 2 tones bill. I hope by now it's stronger and able to use it's legs better. If you have nutri drench for poultry I'd put some either right inside the bill or in it's water. It's great stuff to get them much needed nutrition.

How's the lil one this morning?

Back
Top Bottom