cayuga duck thread

Pics
That's good I don't feel good doing it either. I actually only tried once with my gosling and I swore I had a girl.  Ha gander is what he was.  He is going on 10 yr and never tried since.  :oops:

Well we ended up having 4 girls, 2 boys and one that couldn't really tell. We kept two females, one of triplets with the white wing tips and the baby brown one. Not sure how we got brown from black and white parents but ok lol. And in good news all the other 5 are sold and the last two are going home tomorrow.

Well we ended up having 4 girls, 2 boys and one that couldn't really tell. We kept two females, one of triplets with the white wing tips and the baby brown one. Not sure how we got brown from black and white parents but ok lol. And in good news all the other 5 are sold and the last two are going home tomorrow.
Congrats on a nice mix of sexes, 4 girls wow that's awesome. Great they all have homes too. We actually need some updated pics now that they've been around awhile.
pop.gif

Are cayuga drakes known to be aggressive? Because my drake behaves very aggressively towards the other ducks most of the time. I think it may be a result of a ratio of more males than females, and I am getting an order of 16 females.

So excited, just placed my order in for a dozen hatching eggs for cayuga ducks! We'll be receiving them near the end of march
wee.gif
right near my birthday, haha happy birthday to me!
lol.png

The ones that i'm getting lay a variety of darkish / light grey, green- grey, and grey-white. I have read that finding the black layers to be a very rare thing...is there a way to breed into that? Like chicken eggs in a way, you select a drake from the darkest egg and breed it with your duck who lays the darkest egg, etc. ? Anyone have success with this?

Either way, I love their eggs, and their such pretty birds!!
love.gif

Can't wait to be watching the little ducklings grow
pop.gif

I'm receiving an order of 16 ducklings and their coming March 13, but it seems like its been a year already.
barnie.gif
The order includes a female cayuga and extremely exited too!

Are cayuga drakes known to be aggressive? Because my drake behaves very aggressively towards the other ducks most of the time. I think it may be a result of a ratio of more males than females, and I am getting an order of 16 females. 

My drakes are aggressive!!!...they rape the chickens and rape there male of spring. I love them but they really do have some seriously ugly qualities!!!
I need more females for them!

Back
Top Bottom