cayuga duck thread

My drakes are aggressive!!!...they rape the chickens and rape there male of spring. I love them but they really do have some seriously ugly qualities!!!
I need more females for them!

I'm getting more females. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing these signs of aggression.

I guess my situation is different because I only have 3, 2 ducks and a drake. But my drake, Eustice, is the sweetest out of the three. He's the only one that wants hands on attention from me and he hasn't shown any sign of aggression to my girls. I'm sure it varies bird to bird and I'm sure it also varies by flock and duck to drake ratio. My drake is a sweetheart.

I'm glad you have a sweet one. I think my cayuga drake just has an aggressive personality.

Question: for those of you whose ducks have been laying, what color are the eggs? I was under the impression that all cayuga ducks laid greyish to black eggs. But then i read a post on here saying that its not that common. Just curious if you have picts. I have cayuga and campbell ducks all born memorial day last 2016, and I've only had white eggs that weigh around 2.0 - 2.5 oz ea. I've been thinking that my cayugas haven't laid at all yet. Thoughts?

I'm not sure... I had two Cayuga ducks, and they laid greyish eggs. They only had one white egg, but it was their first and it was soft shelled.

Howdy all! New to the BYC and to owning Ducks. I just bought my first 2 Cayugas last Friday and am going to get 2 more tomorrow (hopefully). They are absolutely the cutest things in the world! My babies just hit the week old mark and look like they are growing inches by the day. I do have a question tho. We are trying to vent sex them and I have seen the Metzer video multiple times along with some others. I am not seeing a penis come out but there is a black line I see when I open the vent. I have tried to wipe it away and it looks like it is apart of the inner parts. Any suggestions on what it may be?

Why those names? :oops:

When I have all 4, they will be named after the 4 horseman of the apocalypse. All my animals are named from video games. I know the Horsemen come from the Bible but we have been playing a games called Darksiders that is about the Apocalypse and that's where we got the idea to name them. They used to be called Ruin and Dispaire.

Back
Top Bottom