cayuga duck thread

Question: for those of you whose ducks have been laying, what color are the eggs? I was under the impression that all cayuga ducks laid greyish to black eggs. But then i read a post on here saying that its not that common. Just curious if you have picts. I have cayuga and campbell ducks all born memorial day last 2016, and I've only had white eggs that weigh around 2.0 - 2.5 oz ea. I've been thinking that my cayugas haven't laid at all yet. Thoughts?

I've been wondering that too! We've been getting three white-cream eggs a day, we assumed from our Welshie and two Buffs. Then this past Sunday there were four, including this little pullet egg:

From left to right: wooden egg a friend made us, chicken egg from farmers market, New Pullet Egg, and a duck egg from that day

And here is a picture of yesterday's four eggs, all pretty much the same size and color.

With five ducks laying four eggs a day, at least one of them has to be from a Cayuga. But the eggs are all white! Or white-cream etc. Definitely not black or gray. I'd love to hear back from anyone else whose Cayuga hens (preferably not mixes) are laying or who have laid in the past.

Hello, I am a new chick/duck owner. We have three Cayuga two Rouen and six chicks. It's been about three weeks. I'm in Michigan so right now they are hanging out in the basement under a couple heat lamps.

the ducks usually stay together.
One of my Cayuga has two bald spots on her back. Could she be molting she the smallest, im am worried she may be getting picked on although I haven't witnessed it.

I totally forgot to post my update :he the day after i payed my question, i got a black egg! Two of my cayugas have been laying dark/light grey eggs. My third one likes to make it hard to tell. If i look at the small end, i can see a very slight grey color though. (Is it grey, or gray?) :weee

Back
Top Bottom