Celebrity Chook seller

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
So I had people coming all weekend to buy chickens. Where I live I get all types since there are not many breeders in my area. Still this is unusual. Since I was home all weekend I told people who called that they could stop by anytime but when 7:00 pm rolled around I tried calling those that had not shown up to tell them it was now too late. I was unable to reach a few of them and hoped that they would have the sense to not show up. By 8:00 I was preparing my ds for bed and just waiting a few more minutes before locking my birds in for the night, and the door bell rang.
barnie.gif
I was livid it was almost night and I just knew it had to be a chicken buyer at the door. I marched down the stairs with a scowl on my face opened up the door and began reading the riot act to the person on the other side. About a second or 2 into my rant I recognized the poor shlub on the receiving but never willing to give an inch I finished my tirade with something like "so if you can be quick about it we can go pick some out otherwise you need to come back tomorrow!"
old.gif

Well needless to say the gentleman who was Stephen Baldwin (even for me someone who chooses books over TV any day I could recognize a Baldwin brother although at the time I did not know which one he was other than not Alec.) took my reprimanding in stride so I walked him around back and selected 2 EE's and some silkies for him. by then I had calmed down and I think was pleasant lol
hide.gif

He was very nice and had suffered a few predator attacks so we discussed ways to prevent it and he wanted to buy Butterscotch my DS chicken but I was unwilling to part with her. He even met my ds later who came running into the yard with nothing but some boxers a white t-shirt (pj's in this heat) and sandals to introduce him to Butterscotch. Then as I was walking him to his car my DS ran ahead to his car and hopped right into the open hatch happily asking to leave with him (I have no idea why except for the fact that I guess my ds really liked him??? I promise it led to a long discussion about never getting into strangers cars) Anyway it was funny, somewhat embarrassing and certainly a story to tell my ds when he is older and can understand what happened and who the chicken buyer was.

My sister joked that when I move and have a real farm I can put on my website "Chicken Breeder to the Stars"
gig.gif

That is way cool. He has always been my fave Baldwin brother, since he is deeply Christian. His stock went up even more knowing he's a chicken addict!!

yeah he was a really nice guy and seemed to enjoy the chickens and were saddened when they got eaten. He clearly did some research before having his coop re-done and it sounds great. I think his wife got into them first and he ended up liking them also.
smile.png
everybody who knows a chicken has to love them I think
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom