Central Coast California

Oh my gosh, scrange, you grew your own artichokes! How yummy is that?!!
Interesting on that site you posted a link to, tobacco plants as bug repellent, hmm.

Its gopher city in my yard, so I haven't grown a garden in a few years. I need to get more large pots so I can garden that way.

When I had my garden, it was my garden that was in a corral.
lol.png

Quote:
Mmmm artichokes!

We have some green lettuce, mixed lettuce, kale and loads of oranges and lemons right now ready to eat.

Tomatoes, peppers and snow peas coming soon!

Lavender Ameraucana cockrel....anyone? Anyone?
smile.png

You know it's funny he is not noisy yet, he's 9 weeks old today. I've read sometimes they start trying to crow as early as 4 weeks. But I've also heard Americaunas can be very loud once they start to crow. He's one of our friendliest birds too he follows my kids around and lets them pet him. We're on a 1/2 acre with neighbors pretty close on both sides so we're going to send him to live with a friend of mine who has four acres and no one minds her roosters crowing. I'm so tempted to keep him, but DH doesn't want fertile eggs.

Quote:
Mmmm artichokes!

We have some green lettuce, mixed lettuce, kale and loads of oranges and lemons right now ready to eat.

Tomatoes, peppers and snow peas coming soon!

Lavender Ameraucana cockrel....anyone? Anyone?
smile.png

Wish I could take the lavender Ameracauna...can't do a roo though. Not yet anyway. Do you mind if I ask where you live? Are your citrus trees in the ground? You must not freeze in the winter?????

Angie

Back
Top Bottom