Central Texas First timer

jennifer08

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2015
texas
Hello! Im new to chickens and am very excited on seeing my chicks grow. My flock is 4 EE and 4 RIR pullets (im starting to doubt thats the actual breed). They are only 2 1/2 weeks old. Im sure youll be seeing me post into the gender/breed forums soon! BYC has helped me with my questions and has tons of well educated people.
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Glad you joined the flock. I think if you wait till they are 6 weeks or so, it will be much easier to figure out the breed/sex.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Very cute chicks you have there! Do they have names? Definitely post in the breed and gender area if you aren't sure about their breeds or gender.

Glad you joined us!

No names yet except one of the Easter eggers. The day i got them i noticed a scab on a toe which eventually fell off so we call her "nubbs". It doesnt seem bother her walking or anything. They have such huge personalities already.

No names yet except one of the Easter eggers. The day i got them i noticed a scab on a toe which eventually fell off so we call her "nubbs". It doesnt seem bother her walking or anything. They have such huge personalities already.

You should name them all if you don't intend on eating them! I like the "Nubbs" idea!

Quick picture update!!: well no easter eggers haha I have what looks like speckled Sussex 2 pullets and 2 roosters. one of my roos stunning! I love him! The reds are doing great all looking like pullets :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom