Chamber sealer for egg preservation

Homestead-Instead

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2022
I've been doing a bit of research lately, on preservation techniques. It seems the most common preservation technique is scrambled/frozen eggs. I will be trying water glassing. But, I'm most curious about vacuum sealing. I have a vacuum sealer, but it doesn't work well for liquids because the liquid will be sucked into the sealer strip, preventing a good seal. Additionally, the sealer I have (one that sure most are familiar with) creates a very narrow seal. I've had sealed items go bad, because the sealer strip is so narrow, it eventually fails, and air seeps in. So, I'm planning to purchase a chamber sealer (it's been on my list for a long time...long before I started my flock). If you're not familiar with chamber sealers, they are much better than vacuum sealers, because the seals are thicker, and you can seal liquids (soups, gravies, stews, etc.) as well as solid foods. Has anyone tried chamber sealing eggs, and what's your impressions? Curious to know your thoughts.
https://www.vacmasterfresh.com/

I've been doing a bit of research lately, on preservation techniques. It seems the most common preservation technique is scrambled/frozen eggs. I will be trying water glassing. But, I'm most curious about vacuum sealing. I have a vacuum sealer, but it doesn't work well for liquids because the liquid will be sucked into the sealer strip, preventing a good seal. Additionally, the sealer I have (one that sure most are familiar with) creates a very narrow seal. I've had sealed items go bad, because the sealer strip is so narrow, it eventually fails, and air seeps in. So, I'm planning to purchase a chamber sealer (it's been on my list for a long time...long before I started my flock). If you're not familiar with chamber sealers, they are much better than vacuum sealers, because the seals are thicker, and you can seal liquids (soups, gravies, stews, etc.) as well as solid foods. Has anyone tried chamber sealing eggs, and what's your impressions? Curious to know your thoughts.
https://www.vacmasterfresh.com/
interesting. I don’t know about chamber sealers, but the way I seal soup is to put it in a zip lock freezer bag then place it in a vacuum seal bag.
What form are you hoping to seal eggs in?

Back
Top Bottom