Changing Duck Ordinances: ISO Expert

AlGaMa

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2022
In my township (Lower Paxton, PA) the chicken keeping ordinance was changed last year. I spoke with the leader of that change yesterday because I am hoping to have ducks added to the ordinance (I have a chicken egg allergy, but can eat duck eggs, and believe that our 1/2 acre would be sufficient for duck keeping). She recommended having a “duck expert” when the time comes to make my case for a change in the ordinance at the township meeting. A quick Google search revealed nothing. Any ideas where I can find a duck expert in PA that can provide support for keeping backyard ducks?? Thanks!

Also posted on the ordinances page and PA state page, per recommendations.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out, too. She gave the example of the Beekeepers Association experts. But as far as I can see, there are no Duck Keeping Associations. There are duck HUNTING associations, but that’s not what I want… 😜 I checked under water fowl keeping, as well. Just nothing that I’m finding in PA. Thanks for the link. I searched for PA but still new(er) on this site so did not see the state forum show up.

Maybe? I’ll search for some in the area. Not sure what they’d know about background duck keeping, though. But at least they’d have some idea of requirements for space, etc. Thanks!

PS My daughter is named Lydia. Not one that is too popular, so I always get a little thrill when I see others with her name. 😁

Back
Top Bottom