9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Eastern Panhandle of WV.
My Coop
My Coop

We're having a Chickenstock!!!
wee.gif

When: Saturday - Sept. 13th, 2014 8am - 2pm
Where: Tractor Supply Company parking lot 1040 Somerset Blvd, Charles Town, WV 25414 Phone: (304)728-2011

Short notice, I know, but I just found out about this "Poultry Event", which will be held at the Tractor Supply Co. on September 14th. The event is from 8am till 2pm. The TSC is located east of Charles Town, WV. on the South side of Rt. 340, behind the Sheetz gas station.

From what I was told by the store manager, there will be an Out There With Animals event as well, and vendors are welcome. If you bring birds or livestock, be prepared to have your paperwork or be tested by the WV testers.

See you there!

What to bring:

Chicks
Laying Hens
Started Pairs and Trios
Showy Bantams
Waterfowl
Turkeys
Peafowl
Ducks
Geese
Gamebirds
Hatching Eggs (no eating eggs unless you are properly certified)
Incubators
Brooders
Cages
Coops
Waterers/Feeders
Bunnies
Farm/Country Crafts
Sheep
Goats
Soaps
Plants
Basically anything farm and poultry related.

Who will be there: This is a Buy/Sell/Trade event and it is FREE to attend and FREE to setup as a vendor. It will be organized by local poultry hobbyists and is open to the public. There will be a WV tester on site. TSC is also having their Out There With Animals day. Gonna be fun!!!

Poultry- Out of State- Must be NPIP certified and have forms showing test dates for Pullorum typhoid testing (within 90 days) or forms showing that birds originated from a PT clean flock and all out of state birds must also show negative Avian Influenza testing (within 10 days of sale). Poultry can also travel on Certificate of Veterinary Inspection with these test dates listed as previously mentioned.

Sheep/Goats- All sheep and goats must be Scrapie tagged OR tattooed with registration papers present. If from out of state then must also have Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (health certificate from vet) which is good for 30 days.

Equine- All horses/ponies/donkeys, etc must have a negative Coggins test dated within 1 year. If out of state then must also have Certificate of Veterinary Inspection within 30 days.

In state poultry- can be tested day of Chickenstock or bring their NPIP paperwork showing testing results. (Arrive early - 7am as there may be a line.)

We also ask that no one start selling before 8am, so that everyone has time to setup and get ready. Also, the people who come at 8am will find what they drove all the way to see.

If you plan on selling, get there early enough to get your birds tested and setup before things get started and don't forget to bring boxes to send your birds home in. Make sure you have food and plenty of water for your animals.

Stay tuned to this thread for more updates as they come in. We will try to keep an updated list of what's coming and what people are looking for. This is a rain or shine event. Please post in a reply below what you will be bringing to the Chickenstock, or what you are looking for.

For more info:

You can call or text (304)890-1123 if you have questions. Or... just ask them here.
wink.png

We thank you for your support!
frow.gif

THE LIST...

Black & White Mottled Turkeys
Trio of BLRW from pure Foley line
Chocolate Muscovy Ducks and Ducklings
Pair of nice black Cochin Bantams,
Lavender Orpington cockerel - 4mo old
Royal Palm Turkeys
Frizzled Naked Neck chicks
Banty Chicks
Rabbits
India Blue Peacocks
Faverolles
Wire Cages
Silkies
Showgirl Chicks
Bantam BBS Ameraucana pair or trio
Bantam Barred Rock trio
Serama
Feeders
Bantam NN chicks
2 nice Jubilee Orp pullets (laying)
Tolbunt Polish roo (smooth)
Easter Egger hens
Plants
Eggs
Young Blue Slate Turkeys
RIR pair
Mixed Peeps
Geese
Bantam Cochins
Guinea
Goats
Mini Pigs
Barred Rocks
Laying Hens
4 Cochins
Silkie
Muscovy Ducklings
Barred Rocks
Polish

Bantam Black Wyandotte chicks - feathered out
Bantam Barred Rock chick - nearly feathered out
Pair of Welsummer Bantams

2 Blue Palm Toms
Rabbits
Hand Crafted Wood Items for home and garden
Guinea Keets
Veggies - Maters, Lopes & Melons
Blackwater Gray Hen
Sears Whitehackle Cock

Pot Belly Pigs
Lab Puppies
Quail
White Leghorns
Jersey Giants
More Veggies, fresh from the garden

EE Cockerel
Cochin Bantam Cockerel

Sulmtaler Pullet POL
3 White Bresse Pullets POL

...and much, much, more!!!

(Please post or pm if you are interested in something on the list, to make sure it gets brought to the Chickenstock. Some vendors want to be sure it's worth packing animals up and bringing them.) Let us know what you are looking for too, someone is sure to have it.
smile.png

WANT LIST:

Favorelle Rooster
Jubilee Orpington Rooster
Tolbunts Polish

Pygmy Hedgehogs
Lavender Orpingtons
Nice Silkies
Frizzled Cochins
Serama

White Crested Polish

Last edited:
Here is the flyer for the Chickenstock in Charles Town, WV. Please print out and put it on bulletin boards everywhere you can, posts and telephone poles work too.
smile.png
. Post it on your FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and email to anyone you think would be interested. Help get the word out. It's gonna be fun!!!

jumpy.gif
Any questions... please ask!

I will be bringing bantam black Wyandotte chicks, feathered, and a bantam barred Rock chick, nearly feathered out.. Also a pair of Welsummer bantams close to 3 1/2 mo. old. These will lay a nice sized egg for their size and love to forage more than any breed I've ever had.

Yes, LF and they are from SE West Virginia. Didn't get a name from the gal who called, hope she replies here. I know they have been to our swaps before, just bad with names. Sorry, Sande.

Last edited:
Its unfortunate that this swap was scheduled the same day as the Martinsburg swap. I doubt I make it to the charlestown swap. If I have anything left over I may try to catch the end of it.

Back
Top Bottom