Check out my new ChickNCam webcam!

Its hard to resist their powers. I have 7 in the incubator that whisper to me

Stephen...come to us....look at us....glorify us....bow down to us!!

I am trying very hard not to order some chicks. You know this is making it harder right.
lol.png
Good idea. Cute chicks.

Well, the ChickNCam has been running over a week now... I tweaked the settings a bit today - changed it over to run on my own encoded so I could tinker with the view to get it looking better.

I THINK I got the image a lot clearer - any feedback is appreciated!

Oh, and for 'how tos'... my webcam is a Microsoft lifecam 3000 (around $50 at walmart).

I'm running it over Camstreams.com - they are a free, family friendly hosting site. If you join them as a broadcaster, they will send you instructions, etc, but it does take a little techincal savvy, especially if you are running across a firewall, or have a router installed in front of your cable or DSL modem.

I had to broadcast on another port than the one they default to, for example, as the port they recommended is obviously being blocked by my ISP.

Enjoy! It's sort of sad - the brooder is right here behind my desk where I sit and work all day... you think I'd just turn my chair around to look at my chicks...but NO... I just sit here and watch them online all day.. So sad...
wink.png

It's sort of sad - the brooder is right here behind my desk where I sit and work all day... you think I'd just turn my chair around to look at my chicks...but NO... I just sit here and watch them online all day.. So sad...

yuckyuck.gif
That is funny!!!
gig.gif

I love the cam. I've never seen a real Silkie, only photographs. I always sort of wondered if they weren't really what Bantymum was using them for - dusters with beaks and eyeballs glued on. Now there's proof that they're real. And the danger Purple Chicken has been trying to warn us about is real too.

Unless of course, I can spot strings that your dusters are hanging from...

Last edited:
Susan, I'm jealous we live near each other, work for companies in the same town blocks from each other, similar line of work, and you get to stay home and play with your web cam, and your babies, and get PAID while doing it........... I'm switching teams!!

I have to drive throught the nasty Charlotte traffice don't get home til dark etc, blah blah, but at least I can look at your chickens, hee heee hee!
wink.png

Heck, Jeni - don't feel bad - I'd be jealous of me too! Believe me, I know how lucky I am to be able to multi-task with kids and chickens while I'm working too!!

And, yes, I DO get work done - sometimes more than i want to LOL!

Come on over to my team - I work for the 'red' bank in town, if you know what I mean...

I know exactly what you mean, but I am going over to work for the city hopefully in a couple of weeks.....more telecommuting less call etc. I'm happy for you though!!

Back
Top Bottom