Check out my new CUSTOM chicken saddle!

littlelemon

Songster
12 Years
Mar 15, 2007
Ohio
I ordered a custom saddle from Marion at www.mbldesigns.com and I am so thrilled!
My poor EE hen's back has just been shredded by my roo. She is his favorite and none of the other hens are having problems, but she is a mess. Maybe it's because she is a little smaller than my other hens and my roo is so heavy. Anyway, I wanted a saddle to make her a little more comfortable, so I emailed Marion to see if she would sew a custom Buckeye saddle for me. Doesn't it look great? I am hoping that she can grow some feathers back under the saddle in time for the winter. Marion also makes an apron that covers the shoulders and I may get one of those at some point.
chickensaddle2.jpg

chickensaddle.jpg

Marion did such a fantastic job, I highly recommend her!

I have several girls in saddles right now, mainly my Blue Orps since there are only two ladies for Big Ol' Suede right now, and they are showing some real wear and tear. The feathers will grow back right under the saddles, too. I just take them off on occasion for them to get a good dustbath and/or dust them with DE underneath. They do fine with them. Here's one of my girls in a saddle awhile back, made by a BYCer.
DCP_7379.jpg

Quote:
Well, catching her was the hard part
wink.png

Marion makes the saddles so there is elastic that goes around the wings. You don't have to stretch the elastic around the wings though, she has snaps on the elastic that snap onto the saddle. It is very easy and fits great!

Back
Top Bottom