Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello!! Yes, life has been crazy but good. We have 2 thriving flocks that we love very much. Lots of snuggling going on!! The Rocks have been producing tons of eggs and are happy it is spring so they can munch on bugs and grass. Since the grass started growing we are able to move the chicken tractors around several acres to give them a fresh area every few days. Thanks for all you do!! This is Lil Bit. She "dozes" whenever I pick her up. She is the sweetest chicken.
Lil.jpeg

Last edited:
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi 'Nifty-Chicken' and all! I've sort of fallen off the BYC Wagon. Because of health issues, I was having a great deal of trouble taking care of my wee flock to my standards, so Paula, Penny, Patty, Peggy and Leela were re-homed to my daughter's farm where they are living their best lives. They still respond to the special 'I've got treats for you' sound when I go out to visit. I miss having them here. They were so much fun to watch and interact with, and fresh eggs were a bonus.

Wishing the BYC community all the best. I still enjoy 'all things chicken'.

Hi! I have two new chickens, both quite young, one Light Sussex and one Bluebell hybrid. First issues is they are great at escaping, and second issue, with both of the two eggs they have layed, they don't seem to want to lay their eggs in their nesting box. Both eggs ended up broken :(. My previous flock were ex-battery and knew the drill... Any tips greatly appreciated! Thanks!

E636B52A-61FB-4A2B-A2B1-58930585E51B.jpeg
44A786F1-7313-4EA3-A0CD-1577D30C995D.jpeg

Wow it's been a while since I was on here! We lost all but one of our flock a couple summers ago due to coons. But we bought our surviving lady some friends. We moved up north last May and added way more layers. Also did a run of broilers. Have 70 2 week olds growing currently. And we have more than chickens now! We also have 10 kunekune pigs. Life is fun for sure!

Thank you so much for reaching out! I miss my chickens! I've dealt with hawks but this last time our neighbor's dog ripped into the chicken coop and killed my last chicken, Milly, who laid the best eggs ever. So sad. Now, my work keeps my husband and me out of town quite a bit, so I guess we will need to wait until we are retired to raise chickens again. This is the best chicken resource out there. Happy chicken raisin' y'all!

We have been super busy, lol. We have over 25 chickens (ya know that chicken math:) We've been incubating chicken and duck eggs for others as well as ourselves, and brand new to beekeeping. We've added two beehives to our "homestead" and are excited to watch this new addition blossom.

On top of our 6+ year old flock and all the one-year-olds and juveniles, beehives, family is growing (grandkids), I've been prepping our 1600+ square feet garden. Super ready for the warmer weather now!

Back
Top Bottom