Chic chicks

Poor girls were flooded. They are sitting up in their roosteing area complaining about the water level. It's only up to my ankles they should be glad they didn't float down the road or something. I had to put down an upside down bucket that is for keeping ice and sodasin for parties and the door off of my son's play house so they can walk. They're still not thrilled. Two of them prefer to lay on the ground to sleep and now can't.

Bought freeze dried mealworms and grubs for the girls. I found out how to rehydrate them to give the girls extra water. And I just bought some live crickets. These poor girls haven't had crickets since it got cold. They should be some very happy spoiled little hens. I'm waiting to see what happens with the eggs as I vary their diet.

Bought freeze dried mealworms and grubs for the girls. I found out how to rehydrate them to give the girls extra water. And I just bought some live crickets. These poor girls haven't had crickets since it got cold. They should be some very happy spoiled little hens. I'm waiting to see what happens with the eggs as I vary their diet.
How did the crickets feel???
gig.gif

Now to your eggs, I don;t think it will make any flavor difference..
The only time I know of a significant difference was when in a far away land peeps were feeding their chickens fish scraps as their source of protein. It was incorporated into the feed. It made the eggs and chicken meat smell like fish.. I had some leftover fish from the holiday. Gave it to my cats. I did give the leftover turkey carcass to the girls. They picked it CLEAN...
pop.gif

How did the crickets feel???  :gig

THE SHELLS. NOT THE TASTE. You didn't know the shells change color? With mealworms there is little brown swirls in the olive green eggs from the ones that lay the green eggs. It only showed up when I started feedin them mealworms. Also I am looking to see if the yolk gets darker. A friend who raises chickens said her hens yolks does with corn, but ours haven't. She doesn't have Easter Eggers tho.
Now to your eggs,  I don;t think it will make any flavor difference..
The only time I know of a significant difference was when in a far away land peeps were feeding their chickens fish scraps as their source of protein.   It was incorporated into the feed.   It made the eggs and chicken meat smell like fish..   I had some leftover fish from the holiday.   Gave it to my cats.  I did give the leftover turkey carcass to the girls.   They picked it CLEAN... :pop  

It all makes sense that the shell would vary in color. When my 3 EE were laying strong, Each had a different color by the way, The shade of the coloring did vary sometimes. I never gave them mealworms.. They got their insects as nature provided it. I let them free range in the backyard if I was home. They munched on grass, weeds, and anything else growing. My grounds are quite insect picked during summer.

I live in town they have to be in a pen. Bugs only last so long. I caught crickets to fees them iver the summer.
It all makes sense   that the  shell would vary in color.    When my 3 EE were laying strong,  Each had a different color by the way,  The shade of the coloring did vary sometimes.    I never gave them mealworms..   They got their insects as nature provided it.     I  let them free range in the backyard if I was home.  They munched on grass, weeds, and anything else growing.    My grounds are quite insect picked during summer. 

So a friend gave me three chicks. One is a roo. He was the only one left. He is an unknown. They had.moved him around and she bought him. Then she bought 2 pullets from another Farm & Home after I told her they are social birds and have flock mentality and need a flock. So now he has 2 sisters.

Back
Top Bottom