Chick 4 weeks old ID

Golden laced Wyandotte and looks a whole lot like my two pullets that are 5 weeks old

Attachments

• 25EBD199-D8CE-466C-9148-B7DE23FC72B9.jpeg
    25EBD199-D8CE-466C-9148-B7DE23FC72B9.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 8101E226-19AC-4607-8204-DB3241D7AA68.jpeg
    8101E226-19AC-4607-8204-DB3241D7AA68.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 5
This is one of mine. She was moving a lot So its not the best picture. Now she is a full grown hen!

Yours is a girl.
Aww she's pretty. Are they pretty good egg layers? I bought 10 female chicks. One died the next day but the rest look pretty healthy. I have 3 barred rocks, 2 speckled sussex, and 2 gray chicks, 1 white chick, 1 golden laced wyandotte. I hope they all survive. I will not keep all of them. I will sell most when they are 5 months old.

Hatchery quality Gold Laced Wyandotte, and possibly a cockerel.
Yes hatchery quality. I do not plan sell chicks. I just want a couple of hens for eggs for us. Not sure what is wrong with hatchery chicks. I went with buying fertile eggs and lost hundreds of dollars on non viable eggs. I live in a state that really is not that big in the industry. If I was serious about buying the best then I would probably try greenfirefarms. Maybe. But being as we are senior citizens and just want some "fresh eggs" I think it was worth the 40.00 I paid for 10. I will not keep all the hens and will sell them for cheap or maybe give them away. My henhouse and coop alone cost 4000.00 for my less than desirable Hatchery Quality Chicks. It's not that I cannot afford show quality chickens but for what? We do not have shows here that I know of. I really like my little chicks. And I bet someone will buy the pullets at some point.

Last edited:
Aww she's pretty. Are they pretty good egg layers? I bought 10 female chicks. One died the next day but the rest look pretty healthy. I have 3 barred rocks, 2 speckled sussex, and 2 gray chicks, 1 white chick, 1 golden laced wyandotte. I hope they all survive. I will not keep all of them. I will sell most when they are 5 months old.
They are wonderful layers!!

PXL_20231010_173932197.PORTRAIT.jpg

This is one of mine.

I have had 4 die! It was really sad. But other then that I still have 19 chickens.

Back
Top Bottom