Sapphire gems (almost 3 weeks, and almost 4 week)

SGs are mixed breeds so I wouldn't think size differences would be a big deal if it's not that much of a difference.
I need to look into what they are mixed with then! I was just told they are "auto-sex" but I have a questionable maran that's supposed to be auto as well, so I don't "trust it".

Normal as in pullets? Or growth? I had all three of them side by side one day and was more surprised by one of my younger birds being so much bigger than the other. (and the same size as the one that's a week older). At the same time, the smaller/ younger one is smaller than my other chicks its age. Maybe shes just a late bloomer?
yeah. i've got a flock of mixed breeds and random birds from Rural King. my plymouth rock was the second smallest in the flock, but the first to lay eggs. I guess things like that depend on the bird.

yeah. i've got a flock of mixed breeds and random birds from Rural King. my plymouth rock was the second smallest in the flock, but the first to lay eggs. I guess things like that depend on the bird.
I got mine from RK as well. Speaking of that, I had a lot of issues with the older chicks! Apparently, there's been some drama at my local RK. I talked to a couple of workers and they said that corporate wasn't listening to them about the latest batches of chicks. They got crates full of dead chicks because they decided to make hoovers ship them during a snowstorm. THAT IS JUST SPECULATION THOUGH. I don't want to come on here and slander RK, but my first couple of weeks with those older birds were H*LL.

Back
Top Bottom