chick days at TSC - what breeds normally?

Jenna, not sure where you are but if you have a local rural king try them. The one by me has a good selection right now, also has turkeys, guineas and ducklings.

Jenna, not sure where you are but if you have a local rural king try them. The one by me has a good selection right now, also has turkeys, guineas and ducklings.

I live in Ohio close to Marion where they have a rural king but we have been so busy we haven't got a chance to go there. Where are you from?

Has anyone said, "caveat emptor" ?
I would hesitate to buy chicks from a store, as opposed to a hatchery.
I have purchased from store, but smaller mom-and-pop feed stores not chain stores.
Good luck whatever you decide.

Oh ok so what does 20736 mean? I'm confused sorry

Well, buying straight from the hatchery limits the amount of disease and stress that a chick is exposed to as opposed to a farm store where people could be tracking in all sorts of things and the chicks could experience the stress of handling, crowding, mismanagement, etc..

I will tell you that I've had more unexplained chick deaths in my current batch of chicks that were obtained from farm stores than I did with my first batch which were shipped direct from the hatchery in January in the snow. Enough so that it is making paying the shipping fee worth it.

Back
Top Bottom