sandberga9

Hatching
May 18, 2022
Found chick down in brooder with other chicks running over her! All are 7 days old. Can’t stand, not fluttering wings as usual. Had stuff stuck on her back from being trampled. Gave her egg yolk, warm bath with tiny amt of dawn dish soap, gentle rinse & blow dry, followed by electrolytes & honey water. She chirped some but wasn’t moving feet or wings at all. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

:welcome :welcome

Keep her dry, warm, and separated. Make sure it has plenty of food and clean water. Have her bedding as newspaper so it's easier to move around on. Good job on giving her the honey water and electrolytes. I was going to suggest the sugar water, but it looks like you already got that covered. I hope she'll be ok. :hugs:hugs

I'm going to tag a couple of people who might be more helpful: @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @Swbertrand1

Found chick down in brooder with other chicks running over her! All are 7 days old. Can’t stand, not fluttering wings as usual. Had stuff stuck on her back from being trampled. Gave her egg yolk, warm bath with tiny amt of dawn dish soap, gentle rinse & blow dry, followed by electrolytes & honey water. She chirped some but wasn’t moving feet or wings at all. Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Welcome To BYC

I'm sorry to hear about your chick.
I think you are doing what you can for her. Keep her warm and see if she will take drops of the electrolytes.

Has she been able to poop? If you can get photos of that it may help.
Prior to this, have you noticed any lethargy, her isolating herself, huddling or fluffing up?

How is your chick doing this morning? Is she moving? Will she drink fluids if you dip her beak into the water? Electrolytes or a couple of drops of Poultry NutriDrench would be good for her.
Kept her warm & dry, did drops of electrolytes every 1.5 hours and thought she looked better at 1.30 & 3am as she actually chirped but at 4:30 feeding she had passed 😔. I think other chicks trampling her broke something inside her/ her back. She had control of head (flopped to side) legs & wings- just limp. Sad day & hard life lesson for my children

How is your chick doing this morning? Is she moving? Will she drink fluids if you dip her beak into the water? Electrolytes or a couple of drops of Poultry NutriDrench would be good for her.
She had passed by 4:30am feeding. We were feeding every 90 minutes. I think something was broken inside her when other chicks trampled her. 😔

Kept her warm & dry, did drops of electrolytes every 1.5 hours and thought she looked better at 1.30 & 3am as she actually chirped but at 4:30 feeding she had passed 😔. I think other chicks trampling her broke something inside her/ her back. She had control of head (flopped to side) legs & wings- just limp. Sad day & hard life lesson for my children
Thank you for responding. We did 90 minute feedings but she had passed by 4:30 feeding. 😔 sad day for us

Welcome To BYC

I'm sorry to hear about your chick.
I think you are doing what you can for her. Keep her warm and see if she will take drops of the electrolytes.

Has she been able to poop? If you can get photos of that it may help.
Prior to this, have you noticed any lethargy, her isolating herself, huddling or fluffing up?
Sorry for slow response. She passed before the next morning. My son was very upset, as was I. It’s amazing how quickly we became attached to these chicks

Back
Top Bottom