Chick failing to thrive

Well you'll either have to order it one-day on Amazon or call the manufacturer and ask if you can give the goat form to a chick. Otherwise they may know where you can get it locally.
BoviDr Laboratories, Inc.
PO Box 450 / 1709 1st Ave
Scottsbluff, Nebaska 69361
800 658-4016
308 635-4913

I have some sav a chix vitamins/probiotic? Wpuls that work.
YES, give the Sav a chick

Well you'll either have to order it one-day on Amazon or call the manufacturer and ask if you can give the goat form to a chick. Otherwise they may know where you can get it locally.
BoviDr Laboratories, Inc.
PO Box 450 / 1709 1st Ave
Scottsbluff, Nebaska 69361
800 658-4016
308 635-4913

YES, give the Sav a chick
I've been giving her electrolytes. I only have probiotics to offer. She's curled up now, I think it's too late. I can try sugar water again?

Yes, I would try anything. You did check her vent?
Is she under the light?
BTW I would move both food and water out of the light. Maybe in the center or the cooler side of center.

Yes, I would try anything. You did check her vent?
Is she under the light?
BTW I would move both food and water out of the light. Maybe in the center or the cooler side of center.
I'm unsure how to check. It's not blocked or anything. She won't open her eyes. I just gave her electrolytes, probiotics, and sugar water. She just stays under light.

Ok as long her vent isn't blocked with poop.
I will continue to search and brainstorm, but it is important to know that sometimes it is just a failure to thrive. Sometimes it is out of our hands - but we will continue to try and figure it out.

Just in the event that she is too hot but too weak to move away from the light, I would try holding her a short while in a cooler area just to see if she opens her eyes or moves around at all. Also give water drops by syringe if she hasn't been drinking.

Just in the event that she is too hot but too weak to move away from the light, I would try holding her a short while in a cooler area just to see if she opens her eyes or moves around at all. Also give water drops by syringe if she hasn't been drinking.
I have been giving her water drops. Even when she was moving she was always by the light. I think she's just failing to thrive. She's been sleepy since I got her. She would already have died if I wasn't feeding and watering her. I picked her up and she was warm, so I was letting her cool, she stood up for a bit but still wouldn't open her eyes. I made her eat 4 pieces of grit too. She ended up just laying back down in my hand though. When she got cool I set her back. Her breathing is quick and shallow.

Back
Top Bottom